FastTimes 427" short block assembly based on the Dart LSNext SHP cast iron block. These come standard with a forged steel 4.000" crank, 6.125" forged h-beam rods, 4.125" forged pistons, gas nitrided steel rings and King main and rod bearings. The Dart SHP block is substantially stronger than factory GM castings with a greatly improved oiling system identical to that in Pro Stock engines. Splayed 4-bolt billet main caps are the same as those in the Iron Eagle and Little M blocks and are much stronger than the GM design!
Perfect for LS swap projects, weekend hot rods, or even hot daily drivers, this short block will provide you with a solid foundation to start with to hold all the power you need, reliably! If you're planning to make more than 750hp with yours, we recommend a wrist pin upgrade. Making more than 750hp without this pin upgrade could result in catastrophic engine damage!
Custom builds are also available.
Base Short Block Components:
- Dart LSNext SHP cast iron block
- King main & rod race bearings, coated cam bearings
- FTM Spec 4340 forged crankshaft, fully counterweighted
- FTM Spec 4340 forged H-beam connecting rods
- FTM Spec 2618 forged pistons
Machining & Assembly Processes:
- Line honed
- Block zero/square decked - 25Ra finish
- Bored & deck plate honed to size, cylinder finish checked with profilometer
- Crank internally balanced and micro-polished
- Rods and pistons pin fit and clearance checked
- Cam bearings, oil galley plugs & freeze plugs installed
- Professionally assembled.
If we are shipping your short block you are required to purchase a shipping cradle and crate. This is to ensure that your short block assembly arrives safely. We will not ship without the cradle and shipping container!