FastTimes 6.0L short block assembly based on seasoned GM 6.0L cast iron blocks. Stage III short blocks come with a forged 4340 steel crankshaft, forged 4340 steel h-beam rods with ARP2000 bolts, and forged pistons. Our short blocks come with Clevite or main and rod bearings and one-piece cam bearings. Each short block also gets brand new oil and water plugs.
Perfect for LS swap projects, weekend hot rods, or even hot daily drivers, this short block will provide you with a solid foundation to start with to hold all the power you need, reliably! This short block is rated to 950hp, 1100hp with main stud upgrade. A pin upgrade is HIGHLY recommended for applications over 750hp.
Base Short Block Components:
- GM 6.0L seasoned cast iron block core
- Clevite main & rod race bearings, one-piece cam bearings
- FTM Spec forged 4340 steel crankshaft
- FTM Spec forged 4340 steel H-beam connecting rods w/ ARP2000 bolts
- FTM Spec forged pistons
Performance piston ring set
Machining & Assembly Processes:
- Line honed
- Block zero/square decked - 25Ra finish
- Bored & deck plate honed to size, cylinder finish checked with profilometer
- Crank internally balanced and micro-polished
- Rods and pistons pin fit and clearance checked
- Cam bearings, oil galley plugs & freeze plugs installed
- Professionally assembled.
12-month unlimited warranty when oil pump purchased with short block. Warranty information can be found here.
If we are shipping your short block you are required to purchase a shipping cradle and crate. This is to ensure that your short block assembly arrives safely. We will not ship without the cradle and shipping container!