FastTimes 427" short block assembly based on the Dart LSNext SHP cast iron block, upgraded with ARP main studs. These come standard with a Dart billet steel 4.000" crank, 6.125" Boostline billet rods, 4.125" Diamond LS2K forged pistons with boost pin upgrade, gas nitrided steel rings and Dart-specific King main and rod bearings.
The Dart SHP block is substantially stronger than factory GM castings with a greatly improved oiling system identical to that in Pro Stock engines. Splayed 4-bolt billet main caps are the same as those in the Iron Eagle and Little M blocks and are much stronger than the GM design!
Perfect for LS swap projects, weekend hot rods, or even hot daily drivers, this short block will provide you with a solid foundation to start with to hold all the power you need, reliably!
Short Block Components:
- Dart LSNext SHP cast iron block
- King main & rod race bearings, coated cam bearings
- Dart Billet 4.000" crankshaft, fully counterweighted
- Boostline billet 6.125" connecting rods
- Diamond LS2K forged 2618 pistons with boost pins
- Total Seal AP Stainless Rings
Machining & Assembly Processes:
- Line honed for bearing crush/oil clearance
- Block zero/square decked - 25Ra finish
- Bored & deck plate honed to size, cylinder finish checked with profilometer
- Crank internally balanced and micro-polished
- Rods and pistons pin fit for optimal oil clearance
- Cam bearings, oil galley plugs & freeze plugs installed
- All parts washed in ultrasonic cleaner
- Professionally assembled.
If we are shipping your short block you are required to purchase a shipping cradle and crate. This is to ensure that your short block assembly arrives safely. We will not ship without the cradle and shipping container!
*****PICTURE MAY SHOW ADDITIONAL PARTS NOT INCLUDED IN ASSEMBLY*****