FastTimes 388" short block assembly based on the Dart LSNext SHP cast iron block. These come standard with a DragonSlayer 3.625" crank, 6.125" Ultra h-beam rods, Diamond 4.125" forged boost pistons with upgraded pins, Total Seal AP Stainless rings and King main and rod bearings.
The Dart SHP block is substantially stronger than factory GM castings with a greatly improved oiling system identical to that in Pro Stock engines. Splayed 4-bolt billet main caps are the same as those in the Iron Eagle and Little M blocks and are much stronger than the GM design!
Perfect for LS swap projects, weekend hot rods, or even daily drivers, this short block will provide you with a solid foundation to start with to hold all the power you need, reliably!
This short block is rated to 1800hp (flywheel). If this does not suit your plans please ask us about the LSNext race platforms or a custom build.
Base Short Block Components:
- Dart LSNext SHP cast iron block with block kit (freeze plugs, coated cam bearings, head dowels)
- King main & rod bearings, Dart coated cam bearings
- Callies DragonSlayer crankshaft
- Callies Ultra I-beam rods
- Diamond forged pistons
Machining & Assembly Processes:
- Line honed
- Block zero/square decked, 25Ra finish
- Bored & deck plate honed to size, checked with profilometer
- Crank internally balanced and micro-polished
- Rods and pistons pin fit for optimum oil clearance
- Cam bearings, oil galley plugs & freeze plugs installed
- Professionally assembled.
If we are shipping your short block you are required to purchase a shipping cradle and crate. This is to ensure that your short block assembly arrives safely. We will not ship without the cradle and shipping container.